At Ellis Designs, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We aim to provide you with the highest quality service whilst you are accessing our services. To do this, we must keep records about you and the services we provide for you. We aim to maintain high standards, adopt best practice for our record keeping and regularly check and report on how we are doing.
- only collect personal data for specified purposes
- explain why we are collecting personal data
- where necessary, seek consent relating to the use of personal data
- retain personal data securely and
- only hold personal data for a specified amount of time after which it will be deleted.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or our privacy practices then please contact us:
by email: email@example.com
We may change our privacy notices from time to time, so please check the website occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you contact us or access any of our products and services.
This will usually be through a contact form, telephone call or enquiry submitted to us either:
- by email
- as a hard copy sent to us through the post
- by telephone
What information do we collect?
The personally identifiable information (PII) we collect is different for each service we provide but will usually include your name, contact details and information needed to provide you with the specified service for your project.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you marketing communications which you have requested or we have gained your permission for
- progress a design project with you via email, telephone or mail
- We may also collect digital information about you such as your IP, your browsing use of our website.
This is to gather insight into how you use our website to enable us to make it easier and better for you in future to find what you need, and to report statistical details to our funders.
None of your digital PII is ever shared with anyone outside or Ellis Designs. Our development partner and hosting platform have physical access to do their essential works but will never use or access your data outside of supporting any issues with access to the website.
Cookies and tracking data
As part of enhancing your experience on the website, we have installed a number of tracking facilities that give us insight into how you use our website, what is popular, what is not, and how people move through the pages on our site.
How long will we hold your information?
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are required by law to keep some information, but in general, we will only keep information for as long as is necessary for the relevant service or for as long as is set out in any contract we hold with you.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to update, amend or delete the information that we hold about you, then please contact us:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone: 01227 637072
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights which you can access exercise free of charge which that allow you to:
- Know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
- Ask to see what information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
- Object to direct marketing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office
Depending on our reason for using your information you may also be entitled to:
- Ask us to delete information we hold about you
- Have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
- Object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
- Object to how we are using your information
- Stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties.
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 03031 231113.